Monday, January 11, 2010

Calling All Cars, It's A Sabotage!!!

On my way home from work I got a message from Tay. She was exasperatedly telling me to get home immediately. That we have a Grade A, full scale, Aiden mess on our hands, and that I am not to dillydally at all. I couldn't help but have all of my favorite cliche movie quotes go off in the back of my head, "This is not a drill! This is what you've trained for.", and "Game over, man.", but I decided it would be best to not share those with her on the phone, because she never thinks that is as funny as I do.

Anyways, Aiden has apparently learned how to unscrew caps. His cap of choice for today... the diaper rash cream tub. Once the cap was off, it was off to finger painting bliss. We got some pictures to humor everyone.

So, you may wonder what the little tyke's punishment was for this mess. A trip to Mickey D's for a cheeseburger happy meal and to Panda Express for mom and dad's dinner since mom didn't have time to cook, and to give her a break. By the time we got back home, she had everything cleaned up and was back to seeing the humor in it. What a super mom!

While waiting in the drive threw line at McDonald's, George Thorogood's Bad To The Bone was playing on the radio. Aiden sung along to the chorus, "Bad to Bone!" How fitting. On the drive home he yawned real big, and then told me, "Are tired, want nap." Obviously, his wreaking havoc is tiring work. He also told us during dinner some unintelligible words and then, "naughty behavior." Hopefully, that was his apology for the mess. Anyways, I'll leave you with a recent picture of our little imp. Can't you just see the mischievousness in his eyes?! :)


5 comments:

  1. Thank you for saving me! You're my hero! Gosh that was a mess....LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "This is what you've trained for soldier!" Awesome. Also, I'd loke to comment on the pure geniousness of Aiden's "Crabby" t-shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How can you possibly not just love such an adorable little boy. I remember having a picture of you sleeping that I had blown up and mounted becuase even though you were a handful at times I could look at that picture and see a little angel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And like I told Tay yesterday, at least it wasn't poop. Aiden is so cute and the glint in his eyes makes him even cuter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Movie quotes must somehow be linked to the Y chromosome. Every guy I know is quite talented in that arena. Oh, and love Aiden's taste in music!

    ReplyDelete