Sunday, February 21, 2010

Revenge Of The Egg

About two years ago Tay had an incident with an egg in our microwave (for the full story read http://shantasilver.blogspot.com/2008/03/tay-story-with-pictures.html ). Ever since then the sensor that told the microwave that the door was closed never quite worked right. For a long while we could push it closed really tight, fool the microwave into thinking that it was closed, and then let it work. As time went on the let it work part didn't. Lately we've had to hold the door closed the entire time. Not too inconvenient when nuking a hot dog for Aiden for 25 seconds, but pretty ridiculous when trying to make baked potatoes.

So, the old one got replaced this weekend, and I am feeling pretty handy for doing it all myself. There were a few moments when I agreed with the directions that said you should do it with two people, but a few choice words and some perseverance, and all is done. I forgot to take a before picture, but here is a during:


And here is the after:

3 comments:

  1. I like the few choice words part! Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, it's when I have projects like that when I wish we lived closer. Sometimes it's nice to have someone that doesn't mind helping out live close by. Glad you got it fixed. I could see how that would be a 2 person job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just had microwave issues too. Being the do-it-yourselfers that we are (aka: cheap), Jeremy decided he could replace the magnetron inside the microwave all by himself. I think the directions for that one said CAUTION: WE STRONGLY SUGGEST YOU SEEK THE ASSISTANCE OF A REPAIR TECHNICIAN TO AVOID ELECTRIC SHOCK. pshaw! And the fact that it was screwed together from the inside to reiterate that warning just fueled the fire. :)

    ReplyDelete