Monday, February 15, 2010

The End Of A Season

Well, Annivalenbirthtine Day has come and gone, and Tay is now 29! I must admit that this little exercise has done me some good. I have a greater appreciation for how wonderful a wife I have, and I am much more willing to celebrate things for her. She even convinced me to throw her a party. My introverted self doesn't always look forward to having my house invaded and crowded, but we always have fun anyways. To continue tooting my own horn, I also cooked dinner for her on Sunday, and took Aiden all Monday, so that she could have the day to accomplish some things around the house that she has been wanting to do.

A good friend of mine mentioned at the party that I am extremely lucky that my wife's birthday falls on Valentine's Day because Hallmark advertises the day for me for a month prior. There is no way that I can forget! I'll have to think on that more next year. It still wasn't enough to convince me to buy Hallmark brand cards this year... : )

Below are some pictures of the beautiful and extremely yummy cake I had one of Tay's friends make for the party.


One of the funniest events around the party was how Aiden was so excited for birthday cake for mommy. We had told him that we would be having a party and that he would be getting birthday cake. He asked about it all day, and when it was delivered he had the hardest time waiting for the party to actually come around. We caught him once having pulled a chair up to the counter with fork in hand about to start digging in! Below are some shots of the culprit during one of the many instances of telling him that he had to wait longer...


2 comments:

  1. We really are alike. I get overwhelmed as well when we have a party at my house. Except family, then I don't mind. Sometime in the next few months I want to come down and hang out with you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're such a good hubby, Bri. And that's quite the cake! And now you have nine months to prep for the next Annavalenbirthtine. :)

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TAY!!!! We love ya.

    ReplyDelete